Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gulf Oil Spill

Waiting to hear from Jamie Clark.. May be going down to LA, MS, AL, FL coast to photograph the results of the Deep Horizon BP Gulf Oil spill. Have all my gear ready. I will try to blog and tweet about my adventures. I have usually tried to photograph the positive images of nature as I want something good that people can focus on... But this oil spill along the coast of where I grew up vacationing ( and was just there last May) really makes me consider that people need to see the bad that goes on in nature too. Especially when it is man's fault. To raise awareness of how we treat our environment and what our dependence on oil is doing to our environment seems to pull at me. I am a positive person by nature, but if I have to use negative images to create a positive response, I will.

No comments: